10 RULES OF PHONE:
1. ALWAYS MAKE A CALL WITH A PURPOSE AND COMPLETE ATTENTION ON THAT CALL.
So when you get a call on your cell phone while driving, quickly take call-back information and tell the caller you’ll get right back to them OR if you don’t recognize the phone number, do not take the call. Let the caller go to voice mail so you can return the call with full attention.
2. HAVE MULTIPLE REASONS FOR THE CALL.
Whether receiving or making an outbound call, be prepared or get information on multiple options for the caller. Never focus on one property, or one piece of information.
3. KEEP CALLING.
Don’t give up. Don’t stop calling after 2 or 3 phone calls. Never quit.
4. ALWAYS LEAVE A MESSAGE.
5. ALWAYS TALK TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE.
If calling a business, leave a message with the “gate keeper”. Go back and call again to speak with someone else. When calling, ask to speak with an alternate person in charge. Talk to as many people as possible.
6. ALWAYS TRY TO CONTACT THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Ask for an alternate contact method.
7. ALWAYS GO FOR A CELL NUMBER.
If calling a home or business, always ask what the best time and number to call on. Never ask, “Can I…” – but rather ask “What is…” or “How would I…”
8. ALWAYS COLLECT EMAILS.
Again, using the “what” rather than the “can” question method.
9. ALWAYS FOLLOW UP A PHONE CALL WITH ANOTHER CONTACT METHOD.
If you’re emailing them, then follow up with a call about the email and vice versa. Additionally, if you’re on a cell call or any call if you have their cell phone, follow up with a text – “hey great to talk with you.” (and include your contact info). If you’ve called them on their home or office phone – see number 7.
10. APPROACH EVERY CALL WITH A GREAT ATTITUDE AND SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME IN MIND.
This is number 10 for a reason, it’s saving the most important for last. Without a great attitude – 1-9 doesn’t matter. Of course they’ll help promote a better attitude, but at the end of the day – a “can-do” – “100% committed” POSITIVE attitude – will carry you 90% of the way. I work on my attitude constantly and have people in my life that set me straight. It’s EASY to be negative like everyone else.
Keeping a successful outcome in mind – this is huge. Keep in mind the outcome you want to produce in each and every call or contact.
I always try and remember three things when I’m on the phone – taking or making a call:
1. I try and quickly evaluate the monetary benefit of the call (if it’s about a $300,000 house, this call is worth potentially $9,000). Hello!
2. This call may be my 30th or 80th call of the day, but for the person on the other end of the phone – this is their 1st with me – and they deserve my absolute best. They don’t know (or care) about my 79 other calls. They are interested in what they are saying so I must be interested in what they are saying.
3. Be interesting. Yes – be interesting on the phone. Number 2 – is be interested. Number 3 – be interesting. I want to be interesting (without making the call about me) because I want to make an impression on the person I’m speaking with. Even if it’s a client I’ve spoken with 100 times – I want them to know I’m all-in and that I’m willing to go all the way for them.
Learn To Sell
Join Our Team – www.facebook.com/supersalesagents